St Sidwell’s Statues by Harry Hems

St Sidwell’s has two statues by world renowned sculptor Harry Hems. They were given to the church by Hems in 1888 to sit either side of the chancel arch. One depicts St Sidwella, Exeter’s patron saint, whilst the other is of St Boniface, another Devon saint.

They were restored following a fundraising campaign in 2017 and are now on display in the community centre chapel.

 One of two statues by Harry Hems that he gave to the church.The second of two statues by Harry Hems that he gave to the church.