TREASURER WANTED FOR ST SIDWELL’S
St Sidwell’s Community Centre is looking for someone with financial experience to take on the role of Treasurer for the charity.
The Treasurer is responsible to (and with) the St Sidwell’s Trustees for the financial oversight of the charity and to support and liaise with the Centre Manager and other staff with financial responsibilities.
The role is voluntary and is likely to require an average of around seven hours commitment a month. Further information on the role is in the job profile below.
If you are interested in discussing the role, or in another Trustee position, please contact email@example.com.
Treasurer role description
To be responsible to (and with) the St Sidwell’s Trustees for the financial oversight of the charity and to support and liaise with the Centre Manager and other staff with financial responsibilities.
- To attend quarterly meetings of the St Sidwell’s Board of Trustees to present financial reports, advise on financial issues and contribute to wider decision making as appropriate.
- To work with the Centre Manager and other staff with financial responsibilities to develop draft budgets for approval by the Trustees.
- To meet regularly with the Centre Manager and staff to receive and monitor draft financial reports; ensure a co-ordinated approach to the provision of financial information throughout the organisation; and provide on-going support and advice as required.
- To give advice in the development of appropriate financial systems
- To support the Centre Manager and staff in preparing the annual accounts for external audit and other statutory returns as necessary
- To support the Centre Manager and staff in ensuring that the organisation complies with all legal requirements in relation to financial issues eg pensions, minimum wage etc.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required
- Experience of financial management at a senior level within an organisation
- Ability to communicate financial information clearly and effectively to those who are not financially literate
- Committed to the aims, ethos and policies of the organisation
- Ability to support and encourage staff and volunteers and work effectively with a range of people
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality
- Previous experience working with Trustees or similar
- Knowledge of legal and charity commission requirements of charities in relation to financial issues
- Familiarity with It based book keeping packages
- Experience of financial reporting requirements of statutory and other funding bodies
- Formal financial qualification
- Previous experience of the voluntary sector
Time Commitment Involved
An average minimum of about seven hours or one day a month; although the workload will not be evenly distributed throughout the year.